Wednesday, February 14, 2007

When I go visit a friend from Venezuela


When I go visit my friend from Venezuela for dinner I have to keep a few things in mind. I can not go there on time because more then likely they are running behind. I also need to bring a gift for them usually its a wine or a dessert. They can either drink the wine at dinner or eat the dessert after dinner. One thing I don't have to remember is what I wear. I can wear anything I want when I go eat with them. When I do reach there house I do not have to take off my shoes when I come in. When dinner time comes they serve pasta, meat, bread, and salad for dinner. I also get to drink either wine or soda with dinner. Everyone eats dinner together family style. If I do like the food very much I have to ask for a second serving. After I finish eating I bring my plates to the kitchen. While at dinner we usually have converstaions about anything we want to talk about. After the meal if I want to stay longer I can usually do so. These are some of the things I have to remember when I go visit my Venezuelian friend for dinner.

1 comment:

John said...

Wow! Does that meal ever look good! You give me a very good idea of what to do if I get invited to a meal by someone from Venezuela. Your advice is specific enough I can easily understand it. I would have to adjust to not being on time because I am so used to being on time especially since I am a teacher.